Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Box


Yesterday I received the box.  The very large box that has been delivered six times to my house since November.  It has a cold pack in it and seems so large considering the contents.  I am very thankful for the box as it contains something that helps me.


The box contains an ice pack compartment which contains a smaller ... much smaller box.  In that box is the item that helps me.
This is my Neulasta shot that I get the day after my chemo.  In this box is a syringe that has the medicine that helps build my white blood cells back up after chemo.  The cost of the Neulasta has gone up just a tad since November.  The invoice for the shot shows  ... $3806.25.  I am so very thankful for good insurance, wonderful doctors who know just what I need and the help this shot provides me after chemo.

Yesterday was the last delivery for the box.  My UPS delivery guy is so sweet.  He delivers my Mary Kay orders and if I am not home, he always tries to camouflage the box on my front porch.  We were chatting yesterday and as he left, he said ... see ya later.  I said ... yes, but you won't be delivering this box anymore.  Praise the Lord!  He smiled.

A couple weeks ago I ordered some business cards, not because I have a business but to share my journey of hope.  As I have always said, I want to share my awesome Lord and my journey through breast cancer.  If you know someone who is going through breast cancer or any cancer and you would like to share my journey, please send me your address in a private email and I will be happy to send you some cards.

After work yesterday, I had to get out of the house.  I went to the feed store in Haltom City where my brother told me to go and get my tomato and pepper plants.  I got eight tomato plants and nine pepper plants.  I then ran to Walmart and got ten more bags of garden soil to finish filling up my raised beds.  By the time I unloaded the bags which consisted of pulling them out of the back of my Highlander in to a wagon (that wasn't too hard) and pulling them to the back, opening the bags and spreading the soil, I was exhausted.  Exhausted or not, it felt good to be getting closer to having something planted in my garden.  I think I am going to wait until all the rain has come and gone before I plant the peppers and tomatoes.

My grandbabies are feeling so much better and getting back to normal and we are all thankful for that.  They are both getting more verbal.  They talk a lot all the time but most of which no one can understand.  But they are learning words and their Mommy's have taught them several sign language words which both of them use.  It is so precious when they use sign language.  I am learning the sign language too because if they use it with Grammy, I have to know what they are saying.  <smile>  
Above:  A short video of Braxton dancing to rap.
This is not their normal genre of music.
(Note:  If the video box looks like black, click the
play arrow on the left, it should play.  Turn your 
volume on.)

Praising my precious Lord .... 
Blessings!


genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment