Saturday, March 3, 2012

Making the Most Out of Feeling Good ...

Friday was a busy day for work.  It is so funny how you can get really busy on a Friday afternoon ... but I was able to get everything accomplished before the weekend began.

I am gearing up for planting in my raised beds, front flower bed and pots while I feel good before my last round of chemo on March 12.  I get all 'giddy' every year around spring to get outside and work.  All my life I have been an out doors kind of gal.  I was perusing some Texas gardening blogs this morning.  Everyone in Austin, TX blogs and I cannot find any good blog sites around the DFW area.  Does anyone grow stuff and talk about it around here?  <smile>  So many times when I am driving and looking at peoples yards and landscaping, I see plants that I like and always wonder what they are.  This morning I found out the name of one of the type plants I want to get ... Purple Oxalis.  Here's the link to the blog site I was perusing http://www.penick.net/digging/  and a picture of just one of the many plants I want to get this year for my flower beds.
I just love the purple leaves and the delicate flowers. 

I am also forming up in my mind (what's left of it) what and how I want to plant my raised beds.  I'm so excited to have these beds to plant in.  I am going to get the black film stuff put down today and get my soil in the beds.  I will have to consult with my brother about when to plant what.  He is the expert.  I will take pictures of his back yard once it gets all up and growing this spring.

I could go on and on rambling about my thoughts and ideas for my garden but I won't.  I am just so excited about it this year.

Praises:
*  Family.
*  Feeling good.
*  Better appetite.
*  Mouth pretty much healed.
*  All the folks I work with at NWS.
*  Grand babies.  The two I have now and the one that is the oven and will arrive May 30.
*  Friends.
*  And much much more.

Prayer Request:
*  As always, those beginning the journey through breast or any other type of cancer.
*  My grand daughter, Madelyn.  She went to the Dr. on Thursday with a temp.  She now has a rash on her arms and legs which began spreading last night to her torso.  She has the bumps/rash in her mouth which is very sore and makes eating very difficult.  My daughter was told it is all allergy related and viral which means it has to run its course.
*  My daughter, Bonnie, as she is half way through her second pregnancy.

I appreciate your continued prayers and support.  I know our awesome Lord hears each and every one of them.  He loves hearing from all of us.  And I know He answers our prayers.
Matthew 21:22 - If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

I wanted to leave you with some pictures that my daughter, Bonnie, posted on her blog.  My grand son is such a ham.  Typical ALL boy and loves the outdoors.  He has his Mother's sensitive side too.
He is 15 months old and has all of his 16 
baby teeth.
Saying 'hi' to Mommy through the dog door.

Braxton with his best friend, Madelyn.
I love love love this picture.  He loves to
explore in their back yard. 

Blessed and sending blessings to you on this Saturday.

genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment