Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday Morning Ramblings ...

Praise the Lord ... I made it through four half days back at work.  I never knew I could be so exhausted ... OK, maybe I did but man ... working is exhausting.  <smile>  It was good to be back among my co-workers and friends.  It was good to be back working on my desktop computer and not just the laptop.  It was good to get in my car every day and come home and rest ... literally nap almost every day.

Praise the Lord ... This is considered my third Saturday after my round of chemo and tomorrow 'would' be the day that I start the steroid regime along with all the anti-nausea medications ... but Praising my Lord this morning that I do not have to do that.  It is amazing how it feels to know that I do not have that dread of another of round of chemo.  If you haven't been here, you really don't have a clue... and I never ever want you to have to be where I've been.  You do not want this 'clue'.

Praise the Lord ... The weather has been so beautiful and my plants have grown so much and seem to be flourishing.  I will take pictures today showing the growth.  The cucumbers and squash have been planted  and have grown unbelievably.  I need to get about 10 bags of mulch and get in the front flower bed and all the garden beds.  Has anyone ever had a 'mulch fairy' come and do this for them?  If so, would you send the fairy this way.  I do not like spreading mulch ... why?  I don't know but I don't like to do it.  Give me the mower any day (you have to start it for me) and I will mow forever but spreading mulch ... yuck-o!

Praise the Lord ... I do not know what is going on with the water retention and swelling in my legs and ankles that I am experiencing but I know God is in control.  I have taken Lasex since Tuesday and I do not see much of a change in the swelling decreasing.  My weight has increased ... it is not all water weight ... but there is some.  Under my eyes is swollen a bit this morning ... very strange.  I am asking for prayer on this issue today.

Praise the Lord ... I will be able to go back to worship service now.  I have missed that so much.  I am praying for God to lead me to a church that He would have me involved in.

Praise the Lord ...  The Fort Worth Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is April 14 and I will be able to participate.  If you are interested in participating, here's the link to sign up.
http://greaterfortworth.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/FTW_GreaterFortWorthAffiliate?fr_id=2347&pg=entry
You can join the team that I am on using the following:
The team name is:    Simply the Breast    
Team Type:  Medical    
Team Company:  The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders.  


Praise the Lord ... Monday I go back for what should be my final weekly blood check.  I should also find out about having my port removed and also get an appointment with the Radiation Oncologist about getting the radiation started.

Praise the Lord ... I found out what date to use as far as an anniversary date for my survivor date.  It is the date I found out that I had cancer.  You know the fateful date that you get that call or are told in person or in my case ... read my own diagnosis on my medical file folder waiting to see my doctor.  For me that date is September 15.  The devastation that day was beyond measure not just for me but my family.  The look of despair in my daughters and sister's eyes as they rallied around me that evening, I will never forget.  I felt my world crashing down around me ... I had CANCER.  Today as I write, I want to ensure you that my world did not crash around me.  I honestly can tell you that I wouldn't trade being where I've been for anything in the world.  My cancer diagnosis has changed my life for the better.  My cancer diagnosis opened my eyes to forgiveness that I had been denying, loving deeper, not taking things for granted, asking myself in times of stressful situations - does this really matter, removing the stress out of my life and so much more.  I promise this was not the situation on September 15, 2011,  and many days and weeks that followed but getting through those difficult days and weeks has brought me to where I am today.  Praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord ... It's Saturday morning and there is an Easter egg hunt at the park down the street from our house.  My grand babies will be able to hunt Easter eggs this year as they walking.  Easter is my favorite time ... I love all the pretty little eggs and decorations.  Most importantly ... It is a time that Jesus rose from the grave to walk the earth for forty more days before He ascended into Heaven.  The beautiful hymn ... He Arose ... comes to mind during this time of year.  The chorus ..
Up from the grave He arose,
With a night triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever with His saints to reign.
He arose!  He Arose!
Hallelujah!  Christ arose!  
1 Corinthians 15:14-20 And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised.  And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.  Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.  If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied. But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.


Praise the Lord ... I am here today to write and am able to continue to share my journey as I walk the healing path that God has provided me.  My life has changed .... so much for the better ... Praise the Lord.  I am blessed beyond measure ... even through the many difficult and troubled waters that I have and must continue to walk through, God has always gotten me to the other side and I Praise Him.  


Blessed beyond measure and I pray for you many blessings today ... this day that the Lord has made.




genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment