Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday ....

Update:  I got the soil in the raised beds but I need more.  Actually, my daughter, Alicia, hauled the soil to the back and ripped the bags open and put the soil in the raised beds.  I just pulled Madelyn around in the wagon.  Thank you, Alicia.  I know you hate yard work.

I did a little experiment yesterday with the Prilosec.  Let me say ... my experiment failed big time and I will not be doing that again.  I decided since my heartburn had gotten better, I could probably just take one Prilosec so yesterday morning that's what I did.  By 10:00am I started having pain right where my esophagus hits my stomach.  I didn't think much about it.  Took a Tum's and went on about my business.  As the day wore on, the acid in my stomach began building up and built such a fire that I thought at any moment it would burn through my skin.  It was so bad, I thought something had to be severely wrong.  As it turns out, taking one Prilosec is not in the cards for me.  I took two more Prilosec at 6:00pm and a partial spoonful of Mylanta and once it began working, my stomach went back to normal.   I say partial spoonful of Mylanta because I was laying in my recliner in severe pain and Alicia came to give it to me.  She poured it in the spoon while standing over me and I could see a little smirky grin on her face and I immediately said  ... do not laugh or you're going to spill that on me.  Well that was the wrong thing to say because she laughed and I got dotted with Mylanta.  It was funny.  What's the first thing someone does when you say ... don't laugh?  They laugh.  Once again, I'm so thankful for my family.  My sister came home from her visit with friends to check on me and Alicia was here to help me.

Monday's are blood count check day and I'm happy to report that my counts were good this morning.  My red blood count was even up .5 points.  The steak and the raisins in my oatmeal last week must be working.

Tonight we are having roast, mashed potatoes and gravy and another vegetable.  Can't wait.  I'll eat the roast very heartily (OK, maybe just a serving) and with every bite, I'll be thinking about how good it is for my red blood count.  I really think I'm ok with the red blood counts.  Every little raisin helps too.

Praises:
*  Continued high energy.
*  Good blood counts.
*  Love of family and friends.
*  Great visit with a couple at the Center.  The wife is going through her second round of breast cancer.  It is my understanding that things might not be going so good.  Please pray for my friend.  God knows who she is.  They have a two sons ... ages 8 and 11.  Next week is spring break and they are headed to Hawaii.  Pray that all goes well for the wife/mother.
*  The entire medical and non-medical staff at the Center.  These people are God-sent.
*  I get to celebrate my birthday tomorrow before my last round of chemo.

Prayer Request:
*  See above #4.
*  Those who are starting their journey through breast or any other type of cancer.
*  My grandson, Braxton.  He now has what Madelyn has had.  He's got a few bumps but his fever has gone away.
*  My high energy continues and I get through the sixth and final round of my chemo.

As always, thank you for your continued support through your love and prayers and simply reading my blog.  I love writing about my journey in hopes of helping others.

Blessed and sending you all blessings!
genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment