Friday, March 16, 2012

Feeling Better Friday! Praising my Jesus ....

I am going to call yesterday (Thursday) my turn-around day.  While I was still fatigued I moved more, walking outside and around the house, and was able to eat better.  The first meal of the day was a Breakfast Jack from Jack-in-the-Box, mid morning snack was a Cup of Noodles ... at 1:00pm I ate a whole personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut.  Dinner was chicken with honey batter (from Sam's), Asian Salad with some of my home grown Chinese cabbage, spinach and bib lettuce in it, fresh tomatoes and avocados.  It was delicious.  I love eating healthy.  Praising the Lord for my appetite return and I know soon that the thrush will diminish and I will be able to taste more of my food.

I have reached two milestones this week.  The first being my sixth and last round of chemo.  I am so thankful for this milestone.  I know there are survivor sisters out there who have experienced much worse side effects than I and I pray for them.  I am so thankful this part of my journey is over.   The second milestone I reached this week is getting rid of the medication calendars.  For every month I have taken chemo, I have had a calendar that annotates when to take what medication the day before, the day of and the days that follow chemo.  I get to file these calendars away with the previous calendars and put them behind me.
Praise the Lord.

 
Today would have been my Mother's birthday.  She passed away in September 1982, three weeks before my oldest daughter, Alicia, was born.  Mother got to meet one of her grandchildren, my oldest nephew, Justin, when he was 11 days old but was unable to hold on to meet Alicia who was born the first part of October 1982.  I know Mother would have been the best-est Grandmother ever.   Lung cancer took her life so I preach ... if you are a smoker, give it up.  She was only 55 years old.
Happy Birthday Mother!
We all love you.

Today I share a Grammy moment.  God has blessed me in so many areas of my life and being a Grammy is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Grammy love is totally different than Mommy love ... if you are a Grammy, you know what I am talking about.  Yesterday I was able to hold my grand daughter, Madelyn, as she finished a late afternoon short nap.  My grandbabies are up and about and walking and talking (their own language) so getting to cuddle doesn't happen often for me.  I was blessed for just a few minutes as she finished her little nap and it was time for supper.
No make up and red flushed face, this
is the natural look for a few days after
the chemo.  
Today ... I leave with the following scripture ....
Psalm 28:7 ... The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and He helps me.   My heart leaps with joy, and with my song I praise Him.

I am blessed and I pray many blessings shower down on you today.

genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment