Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Beautiful Saturday

Saturday proved to be a good day.  I think all the sleep I had gotten the night before (which I was very thankful for) kinda made me a little draggy starting my day but as the day wore on, the energy level sort of leveled off.  Being tired does not fit me well and I think I get a little irritated with myself ... OK, so I know I get a lot irritated with myself.  You see I grew up with a Daddy that believed no matter how late you were out on a Friday or Saturday night, you had to get your bum up out of that bed by 7:00am-8:00am on Saturday and Sunday morning and get going.  There was none of this "sleeping in" until 10:00am-11:00am on Saturday and Sunday.  I believe after all our growing up years, this process stuck with us and sleeping late is just not in the cards.  (Us - I am referring to my sister and brother)  My sister and brother are exactly the same way.  We all get up early and get our days going.  It's funny because we also all leave for work at the same time every work day morning ... 5:30am.  We all three do most of our phone talking to each other on our way to work.  My sister and I talk every day and my brother checks in with one or both of us generally about once a week.  Who needs to sleep late?  It just waste your day, right?  Right!

Saturday my daughter, Bonnie, needed to go to Sam's to get a battery for the car that I had sold them a while back.  Her Dad took the battery out for us and away Bonnie and I went to Sam's to get the battery prorated and buy a new one.  It took just a few minutes and $35.00 later and the battery was bought.  It was early and Sam's was not busy so I took the opportunity to do a 'run-through' and pick up the things we needed here at the house.  We were in and out in just a little over an hour, battery bought, shopping done and on the way back to her Dad's so he could put the battery back in the car.  (Her hubby had to work yesterday.)

I came home and piddled and then fixed me some left-over canned chili (no beans) I had eaten half of last week.  Shredded cheese and a splash of Louisiana Hot Sauce to make a dip and grabbed the Fritos and called it lunch.  It is so funny what I can taste after chemo.  The thrush in my mouth is getting better and after this round of chemo, I discovered the chemo has actually made my mouth sore.  Happy to report that all is healing and getting better.  My sister came over and we visited for an hour or so and she went home to nap and I curled up on the couch and napped a little myself.

Since Bonnie's hubby was still working, she and Braxton came back over in the evening and we fixed up a frozen Bertolli all in one chicken pasta meal, added an avocado and sliced grape tomato salad and called it good.  And it was very good.

This morning when I woke up at 4:00am, the wheels began turning about food and what I want to fix.  I always know when I am getting 'back up to snuff' when I begin thinking about food and cooking.  Praise the Lord.   Today I plan to fix tortilla soup using a recipe I got from a co-worker many many years ago.  It's the best tortilla soup I've ever had.  You can make it with chicken but I'll be using some type of roast (after all they keep telling me to eat beef to raise my red blood count).  That will be for dinner because I will let it simmer pretty much all day in the crock pot (that would be the new crock pot I plan to buy today at Walmart).  For lunch I was thinking fish sandwiches made with home breaded Tilapia, fried in a little olive oil, cole slaw for the green on the sandwich, a smear of tartar sauce and some BBQ Potato Chips.  These two things sound so good to me.   What do you think?  I am thinking pork chops, chicken of some sort, pork ribs for other meals this week.  I love to cook and if I am cooking, I can control the fattening stuff and keep it on the healthier side.  And yes, I'm feeling better because I am thinking about food ... and lots of it.

I better get this posted and get going.  I have a bathroom cabinet that houses three wig heads with wigs as well as books that I seem to want to hang on to ... and it needs organizing.  I can get this done and feel better about the organization.  I dislike clutter but over the past four months, things got put in that cabinet ... you know the old ... out of sight, out of mind quote?  But before I do anything, my body requires a snack before breakfast so perhaps the remaining biscuit with butter and honey or one of the cinnamon rolls that Alicia fixed yesterday.  Just a little get me going snack before breakfast.  <smile>

I appreciate and love you all.  Thank you for hanging around and reading my blog and continuing to walk with me on this journey.

Praises:
*  All of you.

Blessed and sending blessings.  Make it a good day!


Jeremiah 29:11


11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.



 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment