Friday, February 24, 2012

Thankful!

I love the title of this post .... Thankful!  I am so thankful for many things.  Let me begin ... Chemo round 5 is behind me and I am beginning to feel better.  I weathered the waves of nausea and fatigue and flaming red hot face that the chemo causes.  I was able to work part of the day yesterday.  The weather was beautiful on Wednesday and Thursday and I was able to sit outside and soak up some vitamin D.  My correct compression sleeves are in so I will be able to pick them up today.  I am very thankful for my family who lets me complain about how bad I am feeling after the chemo treatments and they continue to give me encouragement.  They show me love when I know I must be unlovable.  I am thankful for my friend, Greta, who shares encouraging words and our precious Jarrod's scriptures just when I need them the most.  The encouraging emails I get from my friends are priceless.  Being thankful in the tough times is difficult, I cannot deny that, but holding on to my faith, I am thankful because I know God has a plan for my life.  I know He has everything under control so what I need to remember is to be 'thankful'.   Thank you to all who continue reading my blog and for your continued support during my journey.

Jarrod's Verses and Greta's Uplifting Words

Habakkuk 3:17-19 (NIV – Jarrod’s Bible)
17) Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are
no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
18) yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19) The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He enables me to go on the heights.
Though you go thru fatigue, thrush, no tears, no appetite, I know you rejoice in the Lord.
I know you know and believe He is your strength and He does give you days of good energy
and good appetite! You rejoice and praise always. He is going to lift you to new heights!!!

This morning ... I'm thankful and I am so blessed.

Blessings!


genam44@charter.net

2 comments:

  1. Love your honesty and openness! We are learning from you. And you are not alone. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweetness. My journey continues and I pray those reading are able to take something away from each post. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete