Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday

I hope you had a beautiful Valentine's Day.  I did.  I love giving and I got to pass out all my Valentine cards with little surprises.  I hope the cards that I mailed were received on time.  I am always in question when I want to mail cards for a special occasion as to "when" do I mail them to get there on the specific day.  I have a friend who never misses the day and I do not know how they do it.

As a child growing up, Valentine's Day was not a big deal in our family.  When we were in school, we got the little Valentine cards to distribute to our school mates but our family didn't celebrate the occasion.  When I got married and we had our girls, I always made a big deal about all the special occasions and I loved doing it.  I would buy just the right card and find just the right gift for my girls and their Dad.  I got almost as excited about the special occasions as Christmas.

Yesterday my Neulasta shot was supposed to be delivered via UPS.  At noon it was not here.  It has always been delivered by 10:30am so I began making some calls.  Evidently the fog in Dallas yesterday caused quite a delay in deliveries.  I had a quick errand to run yesterday afternoon and guess what?  They came during the time that I was gone.  (Murphy's Law)  <smile>  Today it will be delivered at the regular time (before 10:30am) per the lady from UPS who called to check last night.

Dinner last night seemed to be much better than the night before with the salty beans and vinegar coleslaw. <laughing>   I really was not sure what to make for dinner and finally decided on meatloaf, mashed potatoes and a nice green salad.  Again, I do not cook with salt (nor do I eat it) so I knew nothing should be salty.  I have a specific way that I have made my meatloaf for years that includes a package of Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix.  Well I had used all the soup mix I had the night before trying to make those stupid beans <smile> so I had to wing it.  My meatloaf last night contained sauteed red and yellow bell pepper, onion, pepper, an egg, 1/3 can of Cream of Chicken soup and Panko breadcrumbs.  I have to tell you that it was really good.  The soup gave it a little different texture and a really good flavor.  I put Panko breadcrumbs in the meatloaf and under the meatloaf and on top of the meatloaf so there was a little crunchy texture.  I think I got an A+ on dinner.

After dinner I ran to see Braxton for a little bit.  When I got there, we read a book as he sat in my lap.  Of course he is way too active to sit still too long.  Mom and Dad were doing laundry and putting it away and he got down and followed them to the bedroom where he decided he was kinda done with Grammy and stayed to play with the door.  He is tall enough to reach the handle (not a knob) so he opened and shut the door and had himself a good time.

I had the opportunity to start the Tim Tebow book last night and it is so good.  I have it posted on my bookshelf as one of the books I am reading.

I feel good and have high energy.  Praise the Lord!  We all have another day ahead so make it a good one.  There is no second chance.

Blessed and sending blessings your way!


2 comments:

  1. Well hi Gena, Good to here from you. But so sorry you are having to go through cancer treatments. I will be praying for you!
    I was wondering who that was from Texas that was visiting me. Nice to know it was you.
    I am all well now and doing really good thanks for asking.
    Your site looks very nice! You have done a really good job. If you have any questions I can answer Please let me know.
    Just a tip here If you don't want that blue nav bar at the top go to your design page and click on nav bar and you can change it to transparent and it will go with any colors on your background.
    I have not been blogging very much lately but have been doing a little more posting on my Art Journal blog. Sence it is winter here I have a little more time to do art.
    God bless you Gena
    lets stay in touch.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,
    I just found your comment. It is so good to hear from you. I'm glad you are doing well.

    Can I find your art journal from your blog site? I love hearing from you and seeing your posts.

    Round 5 of chemo was yesterday so today I'm pretty fatigued but I know that I will get through it all. Jesus walks with me and carries me during these not so good days.

    Blessings to you Sharon.
    Gena

    ReplyDelete