Friday, February 17, 2012

It's Friday .... YAAA~   What's on tap for your weekend?  I have several things that I want to get done before my 5th round of chemo on Monday and I feel great and plan to get it done.

I wanted to show you a closer up picture of the plant that I got for Valentine's Day.  It is a Cyclamen.  The instructions on the little tab that came with it states:  Enjoy indoors by placing in any area of the home that is not too warm or receives south sun.  Likes air conditioning!  (don't we all)  Plant will continue to flower for several months and in time will produce 1 flower for each new leaf.  It can be placed outdoors in a container during temperatures of 35 to 80 degrees.  Best with shade from noon on.  (I will go for that too).  My plant has already added about 4 new blooms.  It is so cool because this plant blooms from the middle.  When I look in the middle of the plant, there is a little bloom tucked under the leaves just waiting to get strong enough to burst through the mature leaves.  I am going to transplant this precious plant and put in on the shelf above my kitchen sink.
Above:  See how all the flowers are in the middle
of the plant?  

Above:  See the little bloom  hiding under the mature
leaves?  

My Jesus Calling devotional speaks to me in unbelievable ways.  I know it is Jesus speaking to me about my upcoming chemo treatment.  Below is yesterdays reading.
      THANK ME for the conditions that are requiring you to be still.  Do not spoil these quiet hours by wishing them away, waiting impatiently to be active again.  Some of the greatest works in My kingdom have been done from sick beds and prison cells.  Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for My way in the midst of these very circumstances.  Limitations can be liberating when your strongest desire is living close to Me.
      Quietness and trust enhance your awareness of My Presence with you.  Do not despise these simple ways of serving Me.  Although you feel cut off from the activity of the world, your quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms.  My Strength and Power show themselves most effective in weakness.


Reading this devotional made me remember that Jesus knows our every thought.  This was very powerful to me and made me realize once again ... that He has is all under control.  Thank you Jesus.

If you happen to see my appetite, send it home and bring a tow truck to get these three pounds I've gained.  <smile>  Not sure what's going on but something is.  I guess it's all to be expected. The last 3 or 4 nights I have found that my lower legs and ankles are swollen to the point of no ankle bone.  All I can figure that is causing this is one of the meds I'm taking so I pulled out all the information sheets on the meds and sure enough there is one that causes legs, ankles and feet to swell.  It's the Singular that I take to open up my bronchials.

I have been wearing my compression sleeve all this week.  Before I put it on, I do my lymph node drainage procedures.  There is so much more to lymphedema than anyone really knows.  Beginning the drainage procedures as soon as possible after lymph node removal surgery really helps in prevention and control of lymphedema.  I am so glad that my Oncologist recommended I get to a lymphedema therapist when she did.  I still do not think I have lymphedema but so glad that I have the drainage procedures that I do twice a day.  I have an appointment this afternoon with my therapist to go over some exercises that I can do.  I also ordered an exercise DVD yesterday that is specifically designed for breast cancer patients with lymph node removal.

Oh ... update for dinner last night.  I didn't cook again because with no appetite it is very hard to even think about food.  My sister and Alicia both got home about the same time and we put our heads together and decided we would have breakfast for dinner.  Bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and biscuits it was.  I didn't eat the eggs, you guessed it, funky tasting to me even with some hot sauce on them.  Biscuits and a piece of bacon... good!  Sometimes it's just good to have breakfast at dinner.



Gotta run for now.  Have a great Friday.
Blessed and sending blessings!

 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment