Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Fresh Pot of Coffee and Hot Biscuits with Honey and Butter

If you're a coffee drinker you know the meaning of a "fresh pot of coffee" just brewed and the freshness of it's taste.  It hasn't had time to sit and get stale in the pot while waiting for someone to get a cup.  Actually a confession for this morning about the coffee... I set my timer on my coffee maker for 4:46am during the week because it is inevitable that I will wake early and I am a coffee addict and want my coffee made when I get up so I don't have to wait.  (Yet another area where I need to learn patience).  This morning (Saturday) when I woke up it was already 5:30am which meant the coffee had been sitting there for over an hour ... getting stale.  I had slept so good that I just didn't care about the coffee and decided to continue resting in my bed that had clean sheets and letting the air from the fan blow across me.  When I did get up, I poured me half a cup of the coffee and yes, it was strong and stale so I made a new pot.  Oh the goodness of fresh coffee.  Earlier this week I had made some biscuits (store bought Grands) and had some left so I heated two of those, spread some butter on them and put some honey and heated in the microwave.  It's 6:30am and I've already had a snack before breakfast.  So a fresh pot of coffee and two biscuits later, I'm sitting here writing on my blog.  If you're reading this having your coffee, take a sip for me ... I just sipped mine with a toast to you.

I worked yesterday morning and it was nice just being able to work.  My energy level was up from Thursday and my chemo boggled mind had organized itself a bit.  I had the left over Olive Garden salad with chicken and extra black olives for my lunch.  My neighbor C. M. came  over when she got off work and joined me for a salad and an afternoon visit.  About 2:00pm we went to Sonic for a milk shake.  I was only able to stomach about half of mine, the sweetness got to me but enjoyed the half I had.  C. M. is a dear friend and neighbor and we laugh and talk about every day happenings and it's wonderful to hear about the outside world and what is going on in her world with her family.

I drove to Sonic because I felt like my Highlander needed to be driven.  She's been sitting in the garage since Monday when I went to chemo and to be quite truthful I think she was a little stiff and stuffy.  I need to get her out and run her and get her filled up with gas.  She's missing me and I'm missing her.

Last night my cuisine was a big baked potato from McAllister's Deli.  It was loaded with ham, some cheese, green onions, black olives and they let you put your own butter on it.  It was good what I could taste of it ... the thrush still exists.  I felt it was pretty healthy because I don't load things up with butter or salt and I do not eat sour cream.  Thank you again my sweet sister for stopping and getting my baked potato.

So this morning finds me rested (Thank you Lord), more energy, ready to put makeup on and get dressed.  My suggestion for you is to not ever take these simple things for granted.  Being able to get up and feel good is such a blessing.  I don't know what events the day holds but I do know who holds the day.  My awesome Lord.

I leave you this morning with much praise for my Lord who has carried me through another round of chemo and He's brought me to this day.  Thank you Father.

I wish for you a fresh pot of coffee (or tea) and a hot biscuit with honey and butter and many many blessings for this cooler Saturday.


Psalm 59:16


 16 But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength;
Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For You have been my stronghold
And a refuge in the day of my distress.



Blessings!
 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment