Friday, February 3, 2012

It's Friday!

What does Friday mean to you?  Are you retired?  Are you in school?  Are you working?  I think we all have different meanings of Friday's depending on where we are in our lot of life.  Friday's for me right now means that my family will have two days of rest and I will be able to spend more time with them in the next two days.  My family time always means so much to me and at this particular juncture in my life, the time means even more.  As you know I am working from home due to my lowered immune system right now due to the chemo so I spend all day here in my beautiful home with my beloved, Tootie.  She doesn't talk but she does stay right by my side whether laying on the floor or finding just the right spot on my bed.  She follows me in to the kitchen when I go scavenge for something that my defunct taste buds can possibly taste.  So what does Friday mean to me?  It means I've made it through another week.  Friday, Monday, Tuesday any day of the week -- I'm blessed, I am surrounded by people who love me so much that they bend over backwards to support me, get me food that I think I can taste and trust me this is a feat in itself, make two trips to the grocery store to get just the right Welch's (no additives) Grape Juice that I like (thank you Pat so much) ... there are just way too many things to list where I am supported during this path of my journey ... the chemo path.

A little update about this round of chemo ... it seems to have taken a little longer to recuperate... maybe not, maybe it's just my expectations for myself.  My expectations always seems to get in my way and that causes disappointment for me.  God is teaching me patience ... in a big way.  The Wednesday after chemo is usually my crash day and it was but I also found that Thursday was too.  I felt some better Thursday afternoon after sleeping all morning.  Thursday is my day that I usually begin wanting the fresh salads and healthy foods and that proved true yesterday.  So I called in Olive Garden Jumbo Salad and bread sticks and that was dinner for us.  My sister ran by and picked it up on the way home and I had two servings of salad and one bread stick and it was delightful.  Again, thank you Pat.

This week I was blessed with receiving a beautiful flower arrangement from my long time friend/sister, C. D.  The flowers were baby pink roses among baby white daisies.  These flowers make me so happy to see them sitting on my dining room table.  On Wednesday, I received a special package from my friend B.  B. knows how much I LOVE hot sauce and spicy foods.  He was in Louisiana last week and bought me a six pack assortment of Louisiana different flavored hot sauces.  I cannot wait to be finished with the chemo and the thrush in my mouth all cleared up to be able to enjoy the burn of these new flavors of hot sauce.

Praises:
*  Always always my family and dear sweet friends.
*  You ... you who are reading my blog and walking this journey with me.
*  Your prayers and support.  Texts, emails, what ever you do, you mean so much to me.
*  The love of my awesome God.  His healing hands are always on me.
*  It's Friday ... and this is just for you.  Enjoy a beautiful weekend.

Prayer Requests:
*  An unspoken request for the weekend.  God knows.
*  Those who are beginning their journey with breast or any other cancer or disease.
*  Continued appetite.
*  Thrush goes away.

YOU mean so much to me.  Thank you and I love you all.

genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment