Thursday, February 16, 2012

This and That

Yesterday was an extremely busy day with work.  About noon I decided I didn't want to cook dinner so I text my sister and Alicia with the following:
Dear Fellow Diners,
I will not be cooking tonight.  Your choices:  Chic-Fil-A; Boston Market; Ci Ci Pizza; Pizza Hut Pizza; Pizza Hut Wings
Let me know.
The Cook
*** I added:  I will add Pei Wei as the only place to will go in for pick up.  Pei Wei Spicey Chicken salad sounds good to me.  My appetite is missing.

Pei Wei won out.  My sister opted out though and ate some left overs she had.  I got my Pei Wei Spicey chicken salad and I ate the entire salad.  It was good and I just couldn't stop.  I feel like it was a healthy choice ... OK so I didn't figure the WW points on the chicken but for the entire day without an appetite, I'm sure I was in my range.

As the news broke yesterday about the drug bust of the TCU students once again my mind went in to a tail spin. I will never ever understand why?  Why do people do drugs to begin with?  Why would these students risk losing everything to sell and use drugs?  Actually there are so many whys but I do not believe it is for me to understand.  I don't judge ... I can only shake my head and wonder.


For fun .... a few things you may or may not know about me.

I have a shih tzu pooch named Tootie.

I know how to pronounce shih tzu and it doesn't involve the s**t word.

I absolutely love to be outside.

I love to cook.

I love coffee with Coffee Mate.

I love to feed and watch birds.

I love to grow things.

I love spring and fall but my favorite is spring.

I have changed oil in my own car.

I love tie wraps.

My ambition as a young girl was to be a secretary.

I analyze things way too much.

I laid ceramic tile in both my bathrooms by myself.

Most of my life, I have been a health nut.

I laugh when I see someone fall (if they are not hurt).

I drink anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 gallons of water a day.

I like Welch's Pure Grape Juice.

I love spicey foods.

I love my job.

I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior at the age of 15 at Oak Knoll Baptist Church in Haltom City.

I had my girls in my late 20's.

I will be 56 years old in March.

When I turn 56, I will have outlived both of my parents.

I dislike dirty dishes being left in the sink.

I love orange juice.

I am afraid of the dark.

I like to read autobiographies.

I am OCD about having a clean house especially kitchen and bathrooms.

I am the middle child.

I have an older sister and younger brother.

I love to laugh.

I have an addiction to donuts so I stay away from them.

I love clean sheets.

I make a pleat in my top sheet before I tuck it in to give my feet extra room.

I do not watch many movies because it requires me to sit still.

I love Malt-O-Meal.

I have great listening skills.

I stopped watching Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice this season.

I dislike drama riddled shows.

I love being a Grammy and look forward to many years in this role.

I love my family.

I love my friends.

So there you have a few things you may or may not have known about me.  Trust me there are many many more.  <smile>

Blessed and sending you blessings!
 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment