Friday, February 10, 2012

Changes ...

As I logged in to my blog site this morning, things didn't look the same.  Evidently "blogger" decided to change things up.  Changes changes changes ... the world continues to change.

Yesterday was my grand daughter, Madelyn, 15 month check up.  During the check up process, it was determined that she still had an ear infection, she needed to go to the dentist (she only has 4 teeth) and she is in the 5th percentile of height, 10th percentile for weight and 15th percentile for head circumference for height for her age group.  She is a petite little thing.  For the ear infections, the doctor began a series of three antibiotic shots that started yesterday.  She will get one today and one tomorrow to complete the three shot series.  These shots are very painful for the little ones.  After the shots, her Mommy will take her to an ENT and probably get the words, "she needs tubes".  My grand son, Braxton, went through the same round of shots and tube for his ears a couple months ago.  The reason for the dentist appointment is due to the skin under her top lip needs to be clipped.  I don't know about you but just the thought of that makes me cringe.

Have you ever had a day where everything that happened just seemed to snow ball in to other happenings and all of a sudden your world felt overwhelming?   I am quite sure you have, we all have.  When this happens, how do you handle it?  Do you look at the happenings as part of the snow ball or do you look at the happenings individually of which they really are?  When this happens, I believe we must step back, take a deep breath, pray, and realize that the car problems didn't have anything to do with the dog being sick.  These are two separate happenings.  If we look at these happenings as the individual happenings that they are, then I believe we can find a way to get through the happenings without wanting to scream.  The next time you have a day where it's one thing after another, sort the things out, handle them one at a time and do NOT put them in the snowball.

Jesus Calling Devotional, February 8:
I am above all things:  your problems, your pain, and the swirling events in this ever changing world.  when you behold My Face, you rise above circumstances and rest with Me in heavenly realms.  this is the way of peace, living in the Light of My Presence.  I guarantee that you will always have problems in your life, but they must not become your focus.  When you feel yourself sinking in the seas of circumstances, say "Help me, Jesus!"  and I will draw you back to Me.  If you have to say that thousands of times daily, don't be discouraged.  I know your weaknesses, and I meet you in that very place.

Not only does this devotional speak to the paragraph above, but it spoke directly to me yesterday.  My fever came back and I started feeling yucky.  My chest tightened up and I was short of breath.  The Center told me to continue the meds that I was sent home from the hospital with so I'm back taking those and using the inhaler.  Yesterday the fever stayed in the 99 range, at 4:00am this morning it was up to 100.7.  I will be calling the Center this morning and reporting this like I was told yesterday.  This morning I prayed that God would eliminate the fever from my body.  I know He will.

So that is what is going on around here.  I'm getting adjusted to staying in my bubble.  I cling to the knowledge of knowing that I only have two chemo treatments left.  As we walk through these last two treatments, I know the words "Help me, Jesus" will be spoken a thousand times.  What comfort I get from knowing Jesus is here with me.

Praises:
*  It's been a good week.  I've been able to work all week.
*  My awesome Jesus has everything under control.
*  My friend is going to help me build my raised bed frames.  Too bad the weather is too cold this weekend.
*  Medical teams that continue to take care of me.

Prayer Requests:
*  Both my grand babies oh, I mean my three grand babies.  Only 15 1/2 weeks until we meet the newest of our family.
*  Those who have recently been diagnosed with cancer.  I hear of people every day being diagnosed.  I pray.
*  The fever that has once again invaded my body decides to take a hike ... a long hike and that it gets lost.
<smile>

Thank you for your continued support and for continuing to keep up with my blog.  I love the fact that you care enough to continue reading.

Blessed and sending you blessings for this cold, damp Texas day.


 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment