Monday, February 13, 2012

Magnificent Monday


Good morning world ... so glad you're here.

Little update.  Sunday proved to be a good day.  As I mentioned in my post on Sunday, I got dressed and felt good.  My energy was good and I got some things done around the house, ran to the office to check on things, and headed back home.  I made me a nice salad with chicken for lunch and then I splurged.  I had one more errand I wanted to run which was to go to Lowe's to get some lettuce, spinach and turnip seedlings and they didn't have any.  Next stop ... Sonic for a Sonic BLAST ... you know the ice cream treat like Dairy Queen's Blizzard.  I got a 'small' Butterfinger BLAST and it was good until about midway at which time the sweet got to me so I chunked the rest of it.  Chemo and sweet sometimes don't go together.  I don't eat much sweet stuff on a routine basis but occasionally like just a little something.  Anyway after having my sweet treat, I scooched down on the couch and took a little snooze.  When I got up I had laundry to finish and so I got that done.  Everything I did was accompanied by a low grade temp (in the 99. range) but Tylenol every four hours helped a lot.

My sister was having a Weight Watchers recipe cooking day on Sunday.  I love when she has those days.  <smile>  When she makes the recipes, they make so much that she shares.  She also made WW beef and broccoli for dinner and it was so delicious.  As I've mentioned before, I am not a big beef eater so as I am sitting there I am thinking ... beef, they tell me to eat beef for my red blood counts and this recipe used round steak ... so the deliciousness of the recipe made it easy to eat the steak that was in it.  She also made WW single cheese cakes and we topped them with no sugar cherries.  Oh my goodness ... that little cake was so good ... it wasn't like I needed anything else sweet for the day but I ate it.  My weight has ooched up a tad so I really must be more aware and lay off the Sonic BLAST (I've only had 1/2 of one <smile>).

I woke up at 3:30am this morning burning up and thought ... ugggghhh.  I got up to take my temp and it was 100.3 so I took two Tylenol and drank some cold water and laid back down until 4:30am at which time I got up and immediately had a major nose bleed.  I don't know what happened but it was kinda scarey.  After about 10 minutes it finally stopped.  I'm sure if I look up the chemo drugs side affects again, there will be one of them that can cause nose bleeds <smile>.  I am given Heparin (blood thinner) each time they take blood from my port. I don't know how long the thinning affects last but I do know that my nose was bleeding a lot.  As of right now (5:30am) my fever has gone back down and I am having my coffee and listening to Channel 5 news and weather.

This mornings field trip is to the Center to have my blood draw to check my counts.  After that it's back home and work.

I hope you have a wonderful Monday.  Dress warm and drive safe.  It doesn't sound like there's much if any ice on the roads but wet roads are dangerous too.  Watch those other drivers.

Blessed and sending blessings for this magnificent Monday.

 genam44@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment